We at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology by enabling organizations to shift left and build secure applications by design. Our flagship product, SD Elements, helps organizations to reduce cyber risks by taking an automated, developer-centric approach to threat modeling, secure development, and compliance. This, combined with our industry-leading e-Learning offerings, allows us to support our customers in accelerating software time-to-market without sacrificing security.
We are on a high growth trajectory as a leader and trusted vendor in the cybersecurity market. We are expanding our sales team in North America and looking for our next superstar Mid Market Account Executive (AE). In this role, you will be hunting greenfield, new customers in the sub $1B revenue account space. Your primary focus will be looking for new customers for the SD Elements software platform and related professional services.
If you love the chase of finding new clients, understand consultative selling, have a strong discipline of prospecting and are familiar with the challenges of working in a complex sales environment, then this is the perfect fit for you. You should bring past success in selling to Mid-Market and Small Enterprise Business clients.
You will report to the Sales Director, based in North America.
What you’ll do
- Manage and develop a geographic territory to secure new clients through prospecting, business development and client referrals with a focus on selling the SD Elements software platform.
- Grow and cross-sell additional products and services into existing accounts.
- Comprehend, develop and effectively execute business, account and territory plans while navigating sales cycles by leveraging technology and collaboration tools
- Accurately forecast and engage with upper management to work on the most complex deals
- Support marketing tradeshows and seminars in territory
- Travel into your territory or to corporate HQ in Toronto as required (15% on average)
What you’ll need to succeed
- 4+ years experience in a quota carrying, hunter sales role selling primarily B2B applications
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to sell to a technical audience in Security, Development, Operations and C-Level suite
- Strong capabilities and rigor in developing business development strategies (i.e. prospecting, networking, leveraging referrals, etc.)
- Experience and comfortability running the complete sale cycle remotely (via phone and remote presentation tools)
- Experience in complex sales process involving multiple client stakeholders, multiple touch points and various deliverables
- Experience with CRM and prospecting tools such as: Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and more
Why Security Compass?
- Meaningful Work. We contribute towards making technology in the world more secure and our vision is one of a world where we can trust technology.
- Trust. It’s important to us that you trust those you work with and are empowered to be yourself. To build this trust and transparency, we encourage open, respectful communication.
- Innovation. We encourage you to explore ideas and test new theories, both in your work and your passion projects. We encourage disruptive thinking. You’ll be able to spend 10% of your time working on a side-project of your choosing.
- Growth. We make your growth and learning a priority by allocating all our employees with a dedicated learning & growth budget. We give our team members tools and support to be the drivers of their careers and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Life-Work Integration. We create an environment where you can integrate your work with life in a way that makes sense for you with our hybrid or remote working model, flexible work hours, and unlimited vacation!
- Fun. We could not have good culture without good fun, and we don’t underestimate its importance. Our atmosphere promotes camaraderie, fun and helps bring people together.
- Embracing Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. We speak up for inclusion and celebrate diversity in thought. Our goal is to create a safe, equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Diversity is our differentiator and all qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected basis, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and Federal law. Should you require accommodation for a disability, special need and/or religious reason, please inform [email protected] so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided to all applicants throughout the application process. All information provided will be addressed confidentially. Learn more about your equal employment opportunity rights here.