You’re a seasoned software developer who has been through the ranks as an individual contributor. You’ve matured your technical craft, cut your teeth on some pretty significant projects, and you’re passionate about good, testable code. You’ve been immersed in many of the latest technologies and architectural approaches, and you understand when and how to employ them. You’ve worked hard to become a technical anchor for your team, you’ve mentored so many along the way, and now, you’re ready to lead.
We’re looking for people who want to have a real, meaningful impact on the global state of information security. Join us to help solve security issues at the source: insecure software. You will have a chance to positively impact nearly every part of the world's digital infrastructure by helping to communicate secure software development practices to our clients: the world's largest financial services, software, healthcare, telecom, technology, media and industrial control system companies.
As a Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for growing and leading a team of talented software engineers dedicated to delivering exceptional results. With a sharp technical focus, you’ll partner with Agile coaches and Product Managers, while you’ll support the team in making sound engineering decisions, removing obstacles, and driving ownership & accountability.
We are looking for an empathetic individual who believes in servant-leadership. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment, have a passion for developing people and understand that your success will come from your team's ability to succeed, this position is for you!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product management and agile coaches to identify obstacles and opportunities, and take the lead in addressing them
- Engage with your teams to facilitate solutions which meet the expectations of the product, are consistent with technology best practices, and align with the goals of the sprint
- Guide and mentor your teams on their personal development and professional growth through regular coaching, career planning, and 1:1 conversations
- Be an advocate for the developers and a champion for sound technical solutions
- Help plan for the future by identifying areas of growth and scale within your teams
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of hands on experience as a software engineer
- A rich history of mentoring and guiding others
- A result proven software engineering background
- Experience hiring and managing high performance engineering teams
- Technical knowledge of software development and secure coding practices
Why Security Compass?
- Meaningful Work. We contribute towards making technology in the world more secure and our vision is one of a world where we can trust technology.
- Trust. It’s important to us that you trust those you work with and are empowered to be yourself. To build this trust and transparency, we encourage open, respectful communication.
- Innovation. We encourage you to explore ideas and test new theories, both in your work and your passion projects. We encourage disruptive thinking.
- Growth. We make your growth and learning a priority by allocating all our employees with a dedicated learning & growth budget. We give our team members tools and support to be the drivers of their careers and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Life-Work Integration. We create an environment where you can integrate your work with life in a way that makes sense for you with our hybrid or remote working model, flexible work hours, and unlimited vacation!
- Fun. We could not have good culture without good fun, and we don’t underestimate its importance. Our casual atmosphere promotes camaraderie, fun and helps bring people together.
- Embracing Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. We speak up for inclusion and celebrate diversity in thought. Our goal is to create a safe, equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform [email protected] so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. All information provided will be addressed confidentially. Apply Now